1. Controlled cabinet for the Growmode unit:
An isolated cabinet can be supplied on demand. The Growmode unit is mounted inside this cabin and closed by special clear glass doors in front. After mounting this cabin, more special systems can be adjusted to fit the researcher's requirements allowing for optimal future growth conditions.
- The cabin is made of isolated 1-1/2" walls and aluminum floor. This allows for maintaining controlled temperature and relative humidity conditions. The cabin has five transparent sealed glass doors. The main door is used for adjusting the unit controller. There are double doors in front of each growth trolley, which prevent sudden climate condition changes.
- After closing the doors, a curtain can be drawn closed to prevent outside light from affecting the plant growth.
- The cabin can be locked.
- The cabin has removable openings for adding more systems such as: CO2 control system, temperature control system, humidity control system, fresh air system and more.
- The assembled cabin is supplied in a wooden case.
2. CO2 control system: growmode-control-system
- As an option, the researcher can control the CO2 level surrounding the growing plants.
- The system is supplied in a small box and is mounted beside the closed cabin fitting on a specific opening.
- The CO2 system is attached to a standard CO2 tank.
- The CO2 system has a programmed controller that regulates the CO2 levels from 0 to 5000 ppm.
- The controller can be programmed to control the CO2 levels throughout the cycles of plant growth.
- The CO2 system works in coordination with the fresh air system.
3. Cooling/Heating system:
- The system is located above the isolated cabin and can be purchased as an option.
- Wide temperature control: + 4ºC to + 60ºC.
- The temperature is adjusted through a controller or by a thermostat. The system temperature can be adjusted by the controller, according to the growth cycle.
- The temperature control unit is located on top of the isolated cabin at a special opening pre-adjusted on the roof.
- The temperature control unit is connected to the Growmode blowers in order to maintain temperature uniformity inside the cabin at each growth platform.
4. Fresh air system:
- The fresh air system comes as an option and can be mounted above the isolated cabinet. The system is supplied with a special vent that provides fresh air to the air system inside the Growmode column.
- A regulator controls the speed of the fresh air blower.
5. Humidity control system:
- The humidity control system comes as an option and can be adjusted inside the isolated cabinet.
- The humidity is regulated by an ultrasonic device fed via the water column.
- The unit is simple and can be programmed by a controller.
- The system adds humidity (no drying effect).
- The relative humidity is controlled up to 100%.
6. Safety system for leak detection:
- This optional system brings the safety of water leak problems to a new level by detecting water drops on the floor. The sensor signals the controller to shut down the main water supply preventing flood damage.
- An error message appears on the controller screen when the sensor detects a water leak.
7. Main software control for the Growmode systems:
- The Growmode unit is operated by a special controller attached to the unit. Since these units specialize in mass growth, if required, several Growmode systems can be linked together. Optional centralizing software can be installed to control all the Growmode systems. Each growth platform can be controlled separately.
- The software can be easily installed on any computer. Each Growmode system is connected to the computer by a communication cable.
- The software manages the platform growth systems as a cyclic phase or by immediate function.
- The software collects data from each platform into a data base. This data is shown as graphs or tables in cyclic modes.
- The software manages an alarm system that the researcher programs in advance. The alerts appear on the computer screen as red flags and may be transferred to a mobile phone with SMS.
- The software allows the researcher full control of mass plant growth and data collection of a single Growmode system or of several combinedsystems.
- The researcher can control the growth area by a modem and can manage remote alarms and growth problems.
8. Main water supply system:
- The company developed a mobile water supply system that gives pure or irrigated water to the Growmode area.
- The system is installed inside a stainless steel structure, which is covered with enameled Steel.
- The system has adjustable locking wheels.
- The water unit is programmed from a computerized controller on the unit. This allows immediate function from the unit or working with the main software system in cyclic modes.
- The system gives alerts if a malfunction occurs or if the performance deviates from the programmed data.
- Parts which are located inside the unit are: a pressure pump, water collecting tank, a pressure uniformity tank, a non-return double valve, a pressure regulator, shut-down valves, a water fertilizer pump, a fertilizer tank, connectors and flexible hoses that connect the system to the water supply.
9. Alarm system:
- Since the system is framed with many dynamic flexible systems, an alarm system is required to alert when one of these units deviates from the programmed schedule or a failure has occurred. The alarm system has to call the researcher immediately, offering several means to minimize the damage.
- The alarm appears on the unit controller screen, on the main computer screen, and activates an alarm lamp on the unit.
- As an option, the alarm can be transferred to a mobile phone or a remote computer.
- The unit controls various alarms such as: irrigation cycle failure, lighting problems, flooding problems, extended shut-down times of the valves, cooling/heating problems, high/low CO2 levels and more.
- The controller automatically shuts down the illumination system when the temperature above the plants increases. An error message appears on the screen and a red alarm lamps lights up.
- An alarm appears on the controllers if programs are not written correctly.